This week brings a Friday afternoon card to kick off a moderately busy weekend of boxing. It’s not a high profile card in London, but we do get two championship bouts. The ten-fight card gets going at 2 p.m. ET and will air exclusively on ESPN+.
The card is topped by a co-feature of Tursynbay Kulakhmet vs. Juan Carlos Abreu for the WBC International junior middleweight title, and a main event of Archie Sharp vs. Alexis Boureima for the WBO Global junior lightweight title. The main event will likely get going in the 5 p.m. ET hour on Friday. The whole card should be done before east coast dinner time.
Sharp is 20-0 and is looking to continue his climb up the ranks. In 2018, he won the WBO European junior lightweight title with a unanimous decision win over Lyon Woodstock. He successfully defended the title three times before beating Diego Andrade to claim his current Global title. Sharp is a -2000 favorite at DraftKings Sportsbook while Boureima is a +1000 underdog.
Full Card for Sharp vs. Boureima
- Main event: Archie Sharp vs. Alexis Boureima, WBO Global junior lightweight title
- Co-main event: Tursynbay Kulakhmet vs. Juan Carlos Abreu, WBC International junior middleweight title
- Jordan Reynolds vs. Rodolfo Paterno, junior middleweight
- Shiloh Defreitas vs. Fonz Alexander, welterweight
- Sam Gilley vs. Daniel Lartey, middleweight
- Pierce O’Leary vs. Siar Ozgul, junior welterweight
- Sean McGoldrick vs. Stephen Jackson, junior featherweight
- William Hamilton vs. Ivo Zednicek, cruiserweight
- Joe Giles vs. Pavol Garaj, super middleweight
- Lerone Harrison vs. Simas Volosinas, lightweight