The junior welterweight division will get the spotlight at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, October 30. Rising prospect Josue Vargas looks to claim a second secondary title when he faces WBC Silver champion Jose Zepeda. The full card gets started at 6:55 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
It’s a card filled with Top Rank prospects still trying to make a name for themselves. Two of the fights on the card will feature odds at DraftKings Sportsbook. Undefeated Carlos Caraballo is a -750 favorite over Jonas Sultan in a bantamweight bout. Additionally, undefeated Matthew Gonzalez is a -4000 favorite against Dakota Linger in a junior welterweight bout.
The main event will see the 34-2 Zepeda come in as champ but also as a +110 underdog at DraftKings Sportsbook. This is his second defense of the title, which he first won last October with a fifth round knockout of Ivan Baranchyk. Meanwhile, the 19-1 Vargas is a -130 favorite as the challenger. The only loss on his record is a DQ against Samuel Santana in his seventh career fight. He has won 13 straight, including a unanimous decision win over Noel Murphy to claim the then vacant IBF North American junior welterweight title.
Full Card for Zepeda vs. Vargas
- Title fight: Jose Zepeda vs. Josue Vargas, WBC junior welterweight title fight
- Carlos Caraballo vs. Jonas Sultan, bantamweight
- Jonathan Guzman vs. Carlos Jackson, junior featherweight
- Mathew Gonzalez vs. Dakota Linger, junior welterweight
- Jahi Tucker vs. Jorge Rodrigo Sosa, welterweight
- Kasir Goldston vs. Marc Misiura, junior welterweight
- Ray Cuadrado vs. Michael Land, junior lightweight
- Pablo Valdez vs. Alejandro Martinez, welterweight