The lightweight division gets one last big fight to close out 2021. Former division champ Vasiliy Lomachenko faces Richard Commey on Saturday, December 11 for a secondary title as both look to climb into the mix to eventually challenge George Kambosos, Jr. for his many lightweight titles.
The full card will air on ESPN and ESPN+. The preliminary card gets underway at 5:30 p.m. ET and the main card gets started at 9 p.m. Lomachenko and Commey will head to the ring in the 11 p.m. hour.
Lomachenko comes into the bout with a 15-2 record. Since that loss to López, he beat Masayoshi Nakatani in June via ninth round TKO. Commey comes into the bout with a 30-3 record and also has a loss to López on his record. He lost his IBF title to López in December 2019. His next and most recent fight was a sixth round KO of Jackson Marinez in February.
Lomachenko enters the bout as a -900 favorite to win at DraftKings Sportsbook while Commey is a +600 underdog. Total rounds is 8.5 with the over priced at -115. The favored winning outcome is Lomachenko by KO, TKO, or DQ at -225.
Four other bouts on the card feature odds at DraftKings Sportsbook. Keyshawn Davis is a -2500 favorite over Joe Zaragoza in a lightweight bout. Nico Ali Walsh is a -1800 favorite over Reyes Sanchez in a middleweight bout. Xander Zayas is a -3000 favorite over Alessio Mastronunzio in a junior middlewieght bout. Finally, Jared Anderson is a -2500 favorite over Oleksandr Teslenko in a heavyweight bout.
Full Card for Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Richard Commey
- Main event: Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Richard Commey, 12 rounds, lightweight
- Jared Anderson vs. Oleksandr Teslenko, 8 rounds, heavyweight
- Xander Zayas vs. Alessio Mastronunzio, 6 rounds, junior middleweight
- Nico Ali Walsh vs. Reyes Sanchez, 4 rounds, middleweight
- Keyshawn Davis vs. Jose Zaragoza, 6 rounds, lightweight
- Pablo Valdez vs. Julio Cesar Sanchez, 6 rounds, welterweight
- Kelvin Davis vs. Ryan Schwartzberg, 4 rounds, welterweight
- John Bauza vs. Michael Williams Jr., 8 rounds, junior welterweight
- James Wilkins vs. Juan Tapia, 8 rounds, featherweight
- Joseph Ward vs. Britton Norwood, 6 rounds, light heavyweight