UPDATE: Kurbanov-Teixeira is off due to Kurbanov coming down with a late illness.
We get some championship boxing during brunch on Saturday in Russia. Dmitry Bivol puts his WBA (Super) light heavyweight title on the line against Umar Salamov in a card airing on DAZN. The main card gets started at 11:45 a.m. ET at Yekaterinburg Sports Palace in Yekaterinburg, Russia. Ring walks for the main event are expected at approximately 2:45 p.m. ET.
Bivol comes into the fight with an 18-0 record and is a -1600 favorite to win at DraftKings Sportsbook. Bivol won the WBA’s interim title in May 2016 with a unanimous decision win over Felix Valera. He made two successful defenses of the interim title, and was subsequently elevated to full champion in 2017. He made five straight successful defenses of that title after which he was elevated to “Super” titleholder. He has made two successful defenses of that title coming into this bout.
Salamov is 26-1 and ranked tenth by the WBA. He is a +850 underdog and this is his first shot at a major title. He won a secondary IBF title in June 2018 and WBO secondary and Eurasian Boxing Parliament titles that following September. He’s won seven straight bouts since losing a unanimous decision to Damien Hooper that cost him the WBO and vacant IBF International titles.
Full Card for Dmitry Bivol vs. Umar Salamov
- Main event: Dmitry Bivol vs. Umar Salamov, 12 rounds, for Bivol’s WBA light heavyweight title
Magomed Kurbanov vs. Patrick Teixeira, 12 rounds, for Kurbanov’s WBO International junior middleweight title
- Ruslan Kamilov vs. Dmitrii Khasiev, 10 rounds, for Kamilov’s WBO Inter-Continental junior lightweight title
- Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov vs. Rilwan Oladosu, 10 rounds, junior lightweight
- Artysh Lopsan vs. Ramil Gadzhyiev, 10 rounds, for Lopsan’s WBO Oriental super middleweight title
- Igor Adleiba vs. Asif Kerimov, 8 rounds, welterweight
- Sergey Lubkovich vs. Sherzodbek Alimjanov, 8 rounds, welterweight
- Alan Abaev vs. Artem Pugach, 6 rounds, welterweight
- Yaroslav Doronichev vs. Alexander Zubkov, 6 rounds, cruiserweight
- Georgy Kushitashvili vs. Denis Grachev, 6 rounds, light heavyweight
- Aznaur Kalsynov vs. Alisher Shodiev, 6 rounds, featherweight