The lightweight division has one more notable fight to close out 2021. Vasiliy Lomachenko and Richard Commey square off Saturday evening at MSG in a Top Rank card airing on ESPN. The main card gets going at 9 p.m. ET and the main event is expected to get going in the 11 p.m. hour.
There are some notable fights on the card, but all eyes are on Lomachenko vs. Commey. The winner could be in line for a title shot against one of the three champs in the division. George Kambosos Jr. is top dog, followed by Devin Haney and then Gervonta Davis. The Lomachenko-Commey winner could find himself in line for a title shot.
Lomachenko is a -900 favorite to win at DraftKings Sportsbook while Commey is a +600 underdog. Total rounds is installed at 8.5 with the over priced to -115. Lomachenko by KO, TKO, or DQ is the favored outcome at -225, followed by Lomachenko by decision or technical decision at +260. Commey by KO, TKO, or DQ is +900 and Commey by decision or technical decision is +1400. A draw is +2500.
Other fights getting odds include Jared Anderson as a -2500 favorite over Oleksandr Teslenko, Xander Zayas at -3000 against Alessio Mastronunzio, Keyshawn Davis at -2500 against Jose Zaragoza, and Nico Ali Walsh at -1800 against Reyes Sanchez.
We’ll have full results below as they come in from MSG.
Full Card for Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Richard Commey
- Main event: Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Richard Commey, 12 rounds, lightweight — Vasiliy Lomachenko wins by unanimous decision (117-110, 119-108, 119-108)
- Jared Anderson def. Oleksandr Teslenko, 8 rounds, heavyweight — Jared Anderson wins by TKO at 1:33 of the second round
And Jared Anderson follows it with the 11 KO in 11 fights. pic.twitter.com/jp0zIQJ6PP— TWDTV (@TWDTV1) December 12, 2021
- Keyshawn Davis def. Jose Zaragoza, 6 rounds, lightweight — Keyshawn Davis wins by TKO at 2:51 of the second round
- Xander Zayas def. Alessio Mastronunzio, 6 rounds, junior middleweight — Xander Zayas wins by TKO at 2:52 of the first round
- Nico Ali Walsh def. Reyes Sanchez, 4 rounds, middleweight — Ali Walsh wins by majority decision (40-36, 38-38, 39-37)
- Pablo Valdez def. Julio Cesar Sanchez, 6 rounds, welterweight — Valdez wins by TKO in the fourth round
- Kelvin Davis def. Ryan Schwartzberg, 4 rounds, welterweight — Davis wins by TKO in the second round
- John Bauza def. Michael Williams Jr., 8 rounds, junior welterweight — Bauza wins by TKO in the fourth round
- James Wilkins def. Juan Tapia, 8 rounds, featherweight — Wilkins wins by unanimous decision (77-75, 77-74, 76-75)
- Joseph Ward def. Britton Norwood, 6 rounds, light heavyweight — Ward wins by TKO at 1:35 of the first round