Week 15 update
After a season-long lead at the top of the 2022 NFL Draft order, the Lions have dropped out of the top spot. Detroit won a stunner over the Cardinals to improve to 2-11-1 while the Jaguars lost to to the Texans 30-16 in their first game after the Urban Meyer era came to a close.
Here’s a look at the current draft order coming out of the 4:05/4:25 p.m. slate of Week 15 games. There will be some movement further down the non-playoff list and for every team’s strength of schedule, but the top four picks are just about settled for this weekend.
- Jacksonville Jaguars, 2-12, .508
- Detroit Lions, 2-11-1, .534
- Houston Texans, 3-11, .496
- New York Jets, 3-11, .502
- Chicago Bears (to Giants), 4-10, .527
- New York Giants, 4-10, .534
- Carolina Panthers, 5-9, .504
- Seattle Seahawks (to Jets), 5-9, .519
- Atlanta Falcons, 6-8, .464
- Washington Football Team, 6-8, .529
- Miami Dolphins (to Eagles), 7-7, .458
- Philadelphia Eagles, 7-7, .477
- Denver Broncos, 7-7, .483
- New Orleans Saints, 7-7, .508
- Cleveland Browns, 7-7, .527
- Las Vegas Raiders, 7-7, .532
- Pittsburgh Steelers, 7-6-1, .523
- Baltimore Ravens, 8-6, .532
The NFL playoff picture is slowly coming into focus, but we’re also seeing some drama in the race for the No. 1 pick in the 2022 NFL Draft. The Lions came into Week 14 with the top spot and will look to maintain it when they face the Broncos. OK, maybe they won’t be looking to lose, but the top spot holds a little more value than sliding down the draft board.
The Jaguars and Texans have “handled their business” this week, losing to the Titans and Seahawks, respectively. Both are the first teams officially eliminated from playoff contention and sit in spots two and three. Houston has the edge due to the strength of schedule tiebreaker. The Lions will join them in the eliminated group if they lose to the Broncos on Sunday.
4:05/4:25 results: The Lions couldn’t build off their win over the Vikings and drop to 1-11-1. They were also officially eliminated from playoff contention with the loss. Houston and Jacksonville head into Sunday Night Football tied in record and strength of schedule, but that will change plenty over the final two games of Week 14 and beyond.
SNF update: The Bears lost to the Packers and sit in fifth coming out of Week 14.
Here’s the draft order for the 18 non-playoff teams. SOS serves as the tiebreaker and comes via Tankathon. We’ll be updating this list throughout the day as results come in.
- Detroit Lions, 1-11-1, .537
- Houston Texans, 2-11, .507
- Jacksonville Jaguars, 2-11, .507
- New York Jets, 3-10, .502
- Chicago Bears (to Giants), 4-9, .518
- New York Giants, 4-9, .532
- Seattle Seahawks (to Jets), 5-8, .507
- Carolina Panthers, 5-8, .509
- Atlanta Falcons, 6-7, .464
- Miami Dolphins (to Eagles), 6-7, .466
- Philadelphia Eagles, 6-7, .482
- Minnesota Vikings, 6-7, .509
- New Orleans Saints, 6-7, .525
- Las Vegas Raiders, 6-7, .536
- Pittsburgh Steelers, 6-6-1, .527
- Denver Broncos, 7-6, .480
- Cincinnati Bengals, 7-6, .482
- Cleveland Browns, 7-6, .525