Update 12:15 am: Devin Haney defeats Joseph Diaz by unanimous decision, 117-111, 117-111, 116-112.
It’s fight night in Las Vegas! The MGM Grand Garden Arena is hosting a lightweight championship bout that could set up an eventual unification bout for the division. WBC champ Devin Haney will put his title and undefeated record on the line when he faces Joseph “JoJo” Diaz.
Haney will look to continue his rise in the lightweight ranks. A win sets him up for a potential unification bout with new lightweight champ George Kambosos, Jr. Gervonta Davis is in the conversation as well, but Kambosos holds three of the major belts and Haney holds the fourth.
We’ll be providing results for the full card throughout the evening. The main card also features Jessica McCaskill putting her undisputed welterweight title on the line against Kandi Wyatt. McCaskill was going to fight Argentinian Victoria Bustos, but COVID-19 travel issues resulted in Wyatt replacing Bustos.
We’ll update with results as they come in for the DAZN card.
Prelims (DAZN, 4:30 pm ET)
- Austin Williams (8-0, 6 KO) vs. Quatavious Cash (14-2, 8 KO), middleweights, 8 rounds — Williams wom via second round TKO with a stoppage at 0:26.
- Alexis Espino (9-0, 6 KO) vs. Rodolfo Gomez Jr (14-5-1, 10 KO), super middleweights, 8 rounds — The fight finished with a majority draw. Judge Eric Cheek (77-75) ruled in favor of Gomez while Lisa Giampa and David Sutherland each scored it 76-76.
- Amari Jones (4-0, 4 KO) defeated Timothy Lee (5-1, 4 KO), middleweights, 6 rounds — Jones defeated Lee in the sixth round via TKO. The referee stopped the fight at 2:40 in the sixth round.
- Ricardo Sandoval (19-1, 14 KO) vs. Carlos Buitrago (32-6-1, 18 KO), flyweights, 10 rounds — Sandoval won by seventh round TKO at 0:46.
Main Card (DAZN, 8:00 pm ET)
- Devin Haney (26-0, 15 KO) vs. Joseph Diaz Jr (32-1-1, 15 KO), lightweights, 12 rounds, for Haney’s WBC title (Odds: Haney -600, Diaz +425) — Devin Haney wins by unanimous decision, 117-111, 117-111, 116-112.
- Montana Love (16-0-1, 8 KO) vs. Carlos Diaz (29-1, 14 KO), junior welterweights, 10 rounds (Odds: Love -1600, Diaz +850) -- Love beat Diaz via TKO at 1:22 of the third round.
- Jessica McCaskill (10-2, 3 KO) vs. Kandi Wyatt (10-3, 3 KO), welterweights, 10 rounds, for McCaskill’s undisputed championship (WBC, WBA, IBF, and WBO titles) (Odds: McCaskill -3000, Wyatt +1200) — McCaskill beat Wyatt via TKO at 0:19 of the seventh round.
- Filip Hrgovic (13-0, 11 KO) vs. Emir Ahmatovic, heavyweights, 10 rounds (Odds: Hrgovic -5000, Ahmatovic +1400) — Hrgovic beat Ahmatovic via TKO at 0:30 of the third round.
- Marc Castro (4-0, 4 KO) vs. Ronaldo Solis (4-2-1, 3 KO), lightweights, 6 rounds — Castro beat Solis via TKO at 0:43 of the second round.