The lightweight division will be on display this Friday with a championship bout that is serving more like an eliminator than anything else. The penultimate fight of Friday’s card will feature Joseph Diaz Jr. facing Javier Fortuna for the vacant WBC interim world lightweight title.
The fight is part of a card that gets going at 9 p.m. ET and wraps with Gilberto Ramirez and Sullivan Barrera head to the ring at around 11:30 p.m. We can expect Diaz and Fortuna to hit the ring in the 10 p.m. hour.
This title fight will live stream as part of a full event card on DAZN, where you can sign up for a monthly or annual subscription. A monthly subscription is $19.99, while an annual subscription is $99.99. With a DAZN login, you can watch the fight on your computer, smart TV, Apple TV, Fire Stick, Xbox and PS4. You can also use your Android or Apple cell phone stream the Diaz Jr. vs. Fortuna title fight using the DAZN app.
Diaz is moving up in weight after getting stripped of his super featherweight title. He is 31-1-1 and coming off a draw against Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov after he missed weight. Fortuna is 36-2-1 and coming off a sixth round KO of Antonio Lozada Torres. Diaz is a -240 favorite at DraftKings Sportsbook while Fortuna is a +175 underdog. On the three-way moneyline, Diaz is -230, Fortuna is +180, and a draw is +1600.
Ramirez vs. Barrera main card
- Main event: Gilberto Ramirez vs. Sullivan Barrera, light heavyweight
- Joseph Diaz Jr. vs. Javier Fortuna, vacant WBC interim lightweight title
- Tenkai Tsunami vs. Seniesa Estrada for Tsunami’s WBO women’s junior flyweight title
- Hector Tanajara Jr. vs. William Zepeda, lightweight
- Naoka Fujioka vs. Sulem Urbina for Fujioka’s WBA women’s flyweight title
Ramirez vs. Barrera preliminary card
- Azat Hovhannisyan vs. Jose Santos Gonzalez, super bantamweight
- Bryan Chevalier vs. James Wilkins, featherweight
- Lamont Roach vs. Daniel Rosas, super featherweight
- Sparkinson Wilson Castillo vs. Miguel Contreras, lightweight
- Mihai Nistor vs. Colby Madison, heavyweight
- Gregory Morales vs. Rodrigo Guerrero, super bantamweight
- Miguel Gaona vs. Gilberto Aguilar, lightweight