We get arguably the best fight card of the weekend coming to us from Frisco, Texas on DAZN. On Saturday evening, Vergil Ortiz Jr. and Egidijus Kavaliauskas will square off in the main event of a card that includes two championship bouts and a host of other fun boxing from Golden Boy.
The event gets going at 8 p.m. ET and the main card starts at 9 p.m. Ortiz and Kavaliauskas are expected to make their ring walks at approximately 11 p.m., according to DAZN.
The welterweight fight should be a fun one, but the bigger implications come in the two fights preceding it. Felix Alvarado and Erick Lopez square off for Alvarado’s IBJ junior flyweight title and then Roger Gutierrez and Rene Alvarado close out a trilogy with a rubber match. Alvarado knocked out Gutierrez in 2017 and then Gutierrez got a second crack this past January and won by unanimous decision.
Ortiz is a fairly sizable favorite in the main event, installed with -1400 odds at DraftKings Sportsbook. Kavaliauskas’ odds are at +800.
Ortiz Jr. vs. Kavaliauskas full card
- Main event: Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs Egidijus Kavaliauskas, 12 rounds, welterweights
- Title fight: Roger Gutierrez vs. Rene Alvarado, 12 rounds, for Gutierrez’s WBA “regular” junior lightweight title
- Title fight: Felix Alvarado vs. Erick Lopez, 12 rounds, for Alvarado’s IBF junior flyweight title
- Pablo Cesar Cano vs. Danielito Zorrilla, 10 rounds, junior welterweights
- Alex Martin vs. Josec Ruiz, 10 rounds, junior welterweights
- George Rincon vs. TBA, 10 rounds, junior welterweights
- Leonardo Baez vs. Hector Valdez, 10 rounds, junior featherweights
- Alex Rincon vs. Sanny Duversonne, 8 rounds, junior middleweights