NASCAR return to the track this weekend at Watkins Glen in New York following a two-week Olympic break. For the Camping World Truck Series, this marks the first race in nearly a month, following the July 9th Corn Belt 150 at Knoxville Raceway. The Truck Series will run the United Rentals 176 on Saturday, August 7. The green flag drops at 12:30 p.m. ET and will air on FS1.
This race also marks the final stop before the Truck Series heads into its 10-car playoff series. The playoffs open in two weeks on August 20 when the circuit runs the Gateway 200 in Madison, Illinois on Friday, August 20th. There will be three races in the round of 10, three more in the round of 8, and the season wraps on November 5th with the Lucas Oil 150 hosting the Championship 4.
Plenty could change in playoff positioning with this final regular season race, but for now, here’s the projected playoff field. The points projections are courtesy of NASCAR.com. The final regular season race plus final regular season standings will impact the playoff race, so plenty can and will change by the end of Saturday’s race.
1. John H. Nemechek: 605 (projected: 2,049)
2. Ben Rhodes: 520 (2,021)
3. Austin Hill: 510 (2,013)
4. Todd Gilliland: 458 (2,014)
5. Zane Smith: (2,009)
6. Matt Crafton: (2,005)
7. Sheldon Creed: (2,010)
8. Grant Enfinger: 413 (not projected in playoff)
9. Carson Hocevar: 372 (2,002)
10. Stewart Friesen: 364 (2,001)
11. Chandler Smith: 351 (2,001)
12. Derek Kraus: 311 (not projected in playoff)
13. Tyler Ankrum: 307 (not projected in playoff)
14. Johnny Sauter: 300 (not projected in playoff)