Two top-10 fighters in the 140-pound division will battle for the vacant WBC world super lightweight title when Jose Zepeda (35-2, 27 KOs) takes on Regis Prograis (27-1, 23 KOs). The fight will take place at the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California on Saturday, November 26.
Zepeda was in a car accident Monday, but confirmed later that day that he was fine and the fight would continue as scheduled.
Prograis, a former training partner of Evander Holyield, suffered his only loss to 140-pound lineal champion Josh Taylor on October 26, 2019. He has won three fights, all by knockout, since then. Prograis is a -450 favorite at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Zepeda has won five straight fights, most recently getting a first-round knockout over Josue Vargas last October. He hasn’t fought in over a year. He is a +320 underdog going into the fight.
Full Card for Regis Prograis vs. Jose Zepeda
- Main event: Regis Prograis (28-1, 24 KO) TKO-11th round over Jose Zepeda (35-3, 27 KO), 12 rounds, for WBC junior welterweight title
- Yokasta Valle (27-2, 9 KO) Majority Decision (95-95, 97-93, 99-91) over Evelin Nazarena Bermudez (17-1-1, 6 KO), women’s junior flyweights
- Charles Conwell (18-0, 13 KO) Majority Decision (95-95, 96-94, 98-92) over Juan Carlos Abreu (25-7-1, 23 KO), junior middleweights, 10 rounds
- Bakhodir Jalolov (12-0, 12 KO) TKO-4th round over Curtis Harper (14-9, 9 KO), heavyweights, 10 rounds
- Fernando Vargas Jr (7-0, 7 KO) TKO-2nd round over Alejandro Martinez (3-3-1, 2 KO), welterweights, 6 rounds