Terms & Conditions
IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE REGARDING CONTEST RULES OF DRAFTKINGS
IMPORTANT! PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THESE CONTEST RULES (“Rules”) BEFORE
ENTERING THE CORE KEVIN HART x REIGNMAKERS CONTEST AS THESE RULES AFFECT YOUR
LEGAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS.
A. Rules and Eligibility
1. DraftKings is pleased to announce an exciting new contest, the CORE Kevin Hart x Reignmakers Contest (the “Contest”), exclusively for DraftKings players who enter the Contest (each a “Contestant” and collectively, the “Contestants”). Contestants who enter the Contest will have the opportunity to win the prizes set forth in the Prizes section of these Rules (each a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”). The Contest will take place on Sunday, December 4, 2022.
3. BY ENTERING AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST OR PARTICIPATING IN THE GRAND PRIZE YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT DRAFTKINGS AND ITS AFFILIATES LIMIT THEIR LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ENTRY INTO AND PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND/OR GRAND PRIZE AS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL DRAFTKINGS, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, OR THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING (COLLECTIVELY, THE “COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS”), BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, ECONOMIC, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (1) THE CONTEST, THESE RULES, YOUR ENTRY INTO AND PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE GRAND PRIZE OR YOUR TRAVEL TO OR FROM THE GRAND PRIZE; (2) THE FANTASY SPORTS CONTESTS, CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND PROMOTIONS ON DRAFTKINGS.COM AND/OR DRAFTKINGS MOBILE APPLICATION OR YOUR UPLOADED INFORMATION; (3) THE USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR PERFORMANCE OF DRAFTKINGS.COM AND/OR DRAFTKINGS MOBILE APPLICATION; (4) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE DRAFTKINGS MOBILE APPLICATION, OR CONTENT; (5) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OWNERS; OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE TECHNICAL OPERATION OF DRAFTKINGS.COM AND/OR THE DRAFTKINGS MOBILE APPLICATION, EVEN IN THE EVENT FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IN THE EVENT THE COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION). IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). THE COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO ANY CONTESTANT’S COMPUTER, HARDWARE, COMPUTER SOFTWARE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE, OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND/OR PRIZE IS AT YOUR RISK. IN THE EVENT YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE CONTEST, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO FORFEIT THE CONTEST. YOU RECOGNIZE AND CONFIRM THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY OF THE COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS, THE DAMAGES, IN THE EVENT ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING THE CONTINUATION OF THE CONTEST OR ANY EXPLOITATION OF YOUR UPLOADED CONTENT OR ANY WEBSITE, SERVICES, OR OTHER PROPERTY OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY ANY OF THE COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION, OR EXPLOITATION OF THE CONTEST, ANY DRAFTKINGS WEBSITE, OR OTHER PROPERTY OR YOUR UPLOAD INFORMATION OR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS RELATED THERETO. BY ENTERING INTO AND PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED. ACCORDINGLY, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE THE BENEFIT OF ANY LAW, INCLUDING, TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE, CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, THAT OTHERWISE MIGHT LIMIT YOUR WAIVER OF SUCH CLAIMS.
5. DraftKings reserves the right to change, modify, suspend, delay, or cancel the Contest at any time.
7. By entering and participating in the Contest, Contestants: (i) agree to refrain from acting as a brand ambassador for, and from in any way promoting or endorsing for commercial purposes, any company other than DraftKings; (ii) consent to the release of certain personal information to DraftKings for purposes related to participation and eligibility for participation in the Contest; (iii) agree to execute documents as DraftKings may reasonably request and within the time frames communicated by DraftKings; (iv) agree to respond in a timely manner to DraftKings’ reasonable requests, including, but not limited to, requests for information; (v) agree, at all times while participating in the Contest, to use their best efforts to uphold the good name, image, and reputation of DraftKings and to refrain from making any statements or engaging in conduct that could damage or bring into disrepute the name, image, and/or reputation of DraftKings; and (vi) agree, at all times while participating in the Contest, to conduct themselves in a professional manner and refrain from any conduct or activity that may bring a Contestant into disrepute or harm a Contestant’s name or reputation. In the event a Contestant engages in behavior that, as determined by DraftKings in its sole and absolute discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, DraftKings reserves the right to revoke or reclaim the Contestant’s Prize(s) (in the event any). In such event, and without limiting any other rights of DraftKings, the Contestant may also be required to reimburse DraftKings for the Prize.
B. Entry into the Contest
1. Contestants may enter the contest on DraftKings.com or the DraftKings mobile application. Contestants may enter the Contest by submitting an eligible CORE Reignmakers line-up. Each Contestant may have a maximum of one (1) entry into the Contest.
C. Operation of the Contest
1. The Contest will be held on DraftKings.com and be administered and scored according to DraftKings’ Reignmakers Football Classic contest rules. Lineups for the Contest may include NFTs from any rarity level. The Game Set for the Contest are the twelve (12) NFL games on Sunday, December 4, 2022 scheduled to start at 1:00 PM , 4:05 PM , and 4:25 PM. In the event a game within the Game Set is cancelled, postponed, rescheduled, suspended, or shortened, the DraftKings’ Reignmakers Football Classic contest rules shall apply.
D. Contest Winner and Prizes
1. Contest results will be determined by the total points accumulated by a Contestant’s lineup. The prizes for the Contest (the “Prizes”) will be based on the finishing position of the Contestant. In addition to the cash prize below, the first (1st) place winner will receive (i) an invitation to attend an upcoming DraftKings commercial shoot featuring Kevin Hart followed by a meet and greet with Kevin Hart on December 15, 2022. in Los Angeles, California (approximate retail value of five hundred dollars ($500)), and (ii) one thousand dollars ($1,000) will be credited to the winner’s DraftKings account to be used for travel and accommodations ((i) and (ii) together, the “Grand Prize”). In the event the Grand Prize winner does not wish to attend the Grand Prize in person, the Grand Prize winner may elect to receive the approximate retail value of the Grand Prize (i.e. one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500)) in cash credited to their DraftKings account. The remaining Prizes for the Contest will be as set forth in the below table and shall be credited to the Contestant’s DraftKings account:
$5,000 + Commercial Experience
7th - 8th
9th – 10th
11th – 15th
16th – 25th
26th – 50th
51st – 100th
101st – 200th
201st – 400th
401st – 750th
751st – 1500th
1501st – 2000th
Core-Only Prize Packs
2. In the event of a tie in the Contest, DraftKings’ standard tiebreaker rules for Reignmakers Football apply. In the event a tie remains for first (1st) place in the Contest after the standard tiebreaker, there will be a tiebreaker playoff contest between such still tied Contestants to determine the Grand Prize winner. DraftKings will determine the timing and structure of the tiebreaker playoff contest in DraftKings’ sole and absolute discretion.
4. The Grand Prize winner must follow all policies, instructions, and requirements of DraftKings while attending the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner must follow all health and safety protocols put in place by DraftKings or the venue while participating in the Grand Prize, which may include COVID-19 vaccination requirements, testing requirements, wearing masks, and social distancing. The Grand Prize winner may additionally be required to sign an assumption of risk or waiver in order to participate in or attend the Grand Prize. DraftKings may prohibit the Grand Prize winner from participating or attending the Grand Prize in the event the winner is unable to comply with or violates any health and safety protocols as set forth herein or otherwise communicated to the Grand Prize Winner by DraftKings.
5. DraftKings has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, for any reason or no reason at all, to exclude or remove the Grand Prize winner from participation in or attendance at the Grand Prize and/or deny admission to or remove the Grand Prize winners from any venues or spaces associated with the Grand Prize. You agree not to bring any claims and hereby waive all claims that may now or hereafter arise, against the Company Entities and Individuals, in each case, as it relates to DraftKings’ decisions under this Section.
6. THE PRIZES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE GRAND PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” AND DRAFTKINGS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIZES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, AUTHENTICITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
E. Travel and Accommodations
1. The winner of the Grand Prize is responsible for all travel costs and fees related to or in connection with the Grand Prize and is responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and booking their own transportation and travel, including, but not limited to, to and from airports and hotels, and accommodations. DraftKings shall have no responsibility or liability for the Grand Prize winner’s travel, transportation, or accommodations. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledges that DraftKings has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
2. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in these Rules, including, but not limited to, travel costs, meals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, luggage fees, service charges or facility charges, room services, minibar, entertainment, personal charges, damage to the hotel room, security fees, gratuities, taxes, and/or other expenses, are the responsibility of the winner.
F. Miscellaneous Terms and Conditions
2. IN THE EVENT THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER ELECTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRAND PRIZE IN PERSON, THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT ATTENDING THE PRIZE IN PERSON IS WHOLLY VOLUNTARY, AND THAT THEY ARE FULLY AWARE OF THE HAZARDS, DANGERS, AND RISKS INVOLVED, INCLUDING SERIOUS INJURY, ILLNESS, AND DEATH. IN THE EVENT THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER ELECT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRAND PRIZE IN PERSON, THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES, AND FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES, AND ACCEPTS THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH, OTHER FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES THAT MAY IMPACT OR AFFECT THEIR SAFETY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE CORONAVIRUS (ALSO KNOWN AS COVID-19, 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS) PANDEMIC AND OTHER POTENTIALLY RELATED DISEASES, ILLNESSES, VIRUSES, AND CONSEQUENTIAL HEALTH EFFECTS. IN PARTICULAR, IN THE EVENT THE GRAND WINNER ELECTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRAND PRIZE IN PERSON, THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPTS THE RISK THAT ATTENDING THE GRAND PRIZE MAY EXPOSE THEM TO COVID-19, WHICH CAN BE SPREAD, AMONG OTHER WAYS, VIA THE AIR, FROM PERSON-TO-PERSON CONTACT, AND/OR BY CONTACT WITH CONTAMINATED SURFACES AND OBJECTS. CONTRACTING COVID-19 CAN CAUSE INJURY, ILLNESS, DEATH, AND/OR DISABILITY, AND MAY REQUIRE OR RESULT IN THE NEED FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT AND/OR MAY RESULT IN A NEED TO QUARANTINE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. IN THE EVENT THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER ELECTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRAND PRIZE IN PERSON, THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER DOES SO AT THEIR OWN RISK AND ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR ILLNESS, AND QUARANTINE AND TRAVEL-RELATED EXPENSES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ATTENDING THE GRAND PRIZE.
4. By entering the Contest, each Contestant agrees to receive communications from DraftKings, subject to opting out when the Contestant so desires and in a manner prescribed by DraftKings.
5. To the extent permitted by applicable law, by entering or participating in the Contest, each Contestant hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation, or remuneration of any kind, to the editing, modification, replication, publication, and/or other use of the Contestant’s name, likeness, photographs, videos, voice, entries, selections, and the like, in any medium, whether now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation, in any and all advertising, promotions, and other publicity conducted by DraftKings, whether in connection with the administration of the Contest or the development, production, distribution, commercialization, promotion, and/or exploitation of DraftKings or the Contest. Each Contestant further assigns any and all rights he or she may have over his or her entry(ies) or selections to DraftKings without further authorization, compensation, or remuneration of any kind. To the extent permitted by applicable law, by entering or participating in the Contest, each Contestant hereby agrees, without any compensation, to sign any releases, assignments, or authorizations related to publicization of Contestant’s name, likeness, photographs, videos, voice, entries, selections, and the like.
6. All references to time of day contained herein refer to the prevailing Eastern Time Zone.
7. In the event of a Force Majeure Event (as defined below), DraftKings may reschedule, delay, postpone, alter, or modify the Contest, or may cancel the Contest altogether. As used herein, “Force Majeure Event” means the interruption of or material interference with DraftKings’ ability to hold the Contest or to grant the Prize by any cause or occurrence not within DraftKings’ reasonable control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, hurricane, terrorist threat or activity, public health emergency (e.g., COVID-19), act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or order of any court.
8. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for proceedings involving any and all disputes, claims or controversies arising out of or relating to the Contest or these Rules shall be the courts of competent jurisdiction sitting within Suffolk County, Massachusetts (the “Forum”), and each Contestant and each Contestant’s travel companion and guest hereby waive any argument that any such court does not have personal jurisdiction or that the Forum is not appropriate or convenient. These Rules shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without respect to its conflict of laws principles.
9. Employees of DraftKings or its affiliates may not participate in the Contest. Entries to the Contest cannot be transferred or cancelled by the Contestant. DraftKings is not responsible for any website performance issue, including, but not limited to, those that result in a delay or prevention of participation in the Contest or a selection for the Contest.
The best interests of the Contest and fairness are top priorities in decision-making. Unusual circumstances occasionally dictate that common-sense decisions in the interest of fairness take priority over technical rules. DraftKings reserves the right to make reasonable exceptions to these Rules where circumstances so require or warrant. DraftKings shall have the sole and absolute discretion to interpret and enforce these Rules, and such interpretation and decisions related thereto are final.