The 2022 NFL regular season is working its way through the closing weeks and the playoff picture is firming up. Teams are beginning to clinch playoff berths and the bracket is filling out ahead of the 2023 NFL Playoffs.
The Philadelphia Eagles were the first team to clinch a playoff berth, locking down their spot in Week 14 when they thumped the New York Giants. They are on track for the No. 1 seed in the NFC and we’ll be tracking the full list of teams who clinch and are eliminated as the season closes out.
The 2022-23 NFL regular season comes to an end on January 8. The playoffs begin the weekend of January 14 with the Wild Card round. Two teams will play on Saturday the 14th, three teams will play on Sunday the 15th, and one team will play on Monday the 16th. The Divisional round takes place a week later with two games on Saturday the 21st and two games on Sunday the 22nd. The AFC and NFC Championship Games air on Sunday, January 29, and the season on Sunday, February 12 wraps with Super Bowl 57 in Glendale, Arizona.
Here’s how the standings look coming out of Week 16. We’ll update this list as the season wraps up and the 2023 NFL playoff picture firms up.
Playoffs clinched (Last updated Jan. 7)
No. 1 seed: Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles
Division champ: San Francisco 49ers, Minnesota Vikings, Buffalo Bills, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals, Jacksonville Jaguars
Playoff berth: Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Chargers, New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks, Miami Dolphins
Eliminated from playoffs
Teams: Chicago Bears, Denver Broncos, Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, Indianapolis Colts, Cleveland Browns, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Las Vegas Raiders, New York Jets, New Orleans Saints, Washington Commanders
AFC playoff picture
8. Pittsburgh Steelers, 9-8 — eliminated
9. New England Patriots, 8-9 — eliminated
10. New York Jets, 7-9 — eliminated
11. Cleveland Browns, 7-9 — eliminated
12. Tennessee Titans, 7-10 — eliminated
13. Las Vegas Raiders, 6-11 — eliminated
14. Indianapolis Colts, 4-12-1 — eliminated
15. Denver Broncos, 4-12 — eliminated
16. Houston Texans, 3-13-1 — eliminated
NFC playoff picture
8. Detroit Lions, 9-8 — eliminated
10. Washington Commanders, 8-8-1 — eliminated
9. Green Bay Packers, 8-9 — eliminated
11. New Orleans Saints, 7-10 — eliminated
12. Carolina Panthers, 7-10 — eliminated
13. Atlanta Falcons 7-10 — eliminated
14. Los Angeles Rams, 5-12 — eliminated
15. Arizona Cardinals, 4-13 — eliminated
16. Chicago Bears, 3-14 — eliminated