1/4/23 DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK $1,000 FREE BET SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. AT THE TIME OF ENTRY INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU MUST: (i) BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND PHYSICALLY LOCATED IN THE STATE OF OHIO; (ii) BE AT LEAST TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE; (iii) HAVE AN ONLINE DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK ACCOUNT; AND (iv) HAVE A VALID PUBLIC TWITTER ACCOUNT.
1. Sweepstakes: 1/4/23 DraftKings Sportsbook $1,000 Free Bet Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”).
2. Sponsor: Crown Gaming Inc., 222 Berkeley St, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02116 (“Sponsor”).
3. Acknowledgement: As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by the 1/4/23 DraftKings Sportsbook $1,000 Free Bet Sweepstakes Official Rules (“Official Rules”), the DraftKings General Rules (“General Rules”), and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes, the Official Rules, or the General Rules. The General Rules are attached as Exhibit A to these Official Rules and are incorporated herein by reference.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 PM on January 4, 2023, and ends at 11:59 PM on January 5, 2023 (the “Entry Period”). All references to time of day contained in these Official Rules refer to the Eastern Time Zone. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock for all purposes of the Sweepstakes.
5. Twitter® Disclaimer: As condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree and acknowledge that Twitter, Inc. and its owners, directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents, representatives, parents, subsidiaries, attorneys, insurers, and associated corporations and entities (collectively, the Twitter Group”) are not sponsors of the Sweepstakes nor do they endorse or administer the Sweepstakes, nor are they in any way associated with the Sweepstakes. All questions regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to Sponsor, not the Twitter Group. You also agree that as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, you shall release the Twitter Group from any and all liability arising out of or relating to your entry, creation of an entry, submission of an entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, or the broadcast, exploitation, or use of an entry.
6. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to individual legal residents of the United States who: (i) are physically located in the State of Ohio at the time of entry into the Sweepstakes; (ii) are at least twenty one (21) years of age as of the date of entry into the Sweepstakes; (iii) have an Online DraftKings Sportsbook account; and (iv) have a valid public Twitter account. You must at all times during the Sweepstakes abide by and satisfy all terms and requirements in these Official Rules and the General Rules and applicable laws. Employees of Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, advertising, public relations and promotion agencies, the judges, and members of each of their immediate families (i.e. spouses, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each of the foregoing are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. In the event you don’t have an existing Online DraftKings Sportsbook Account, you may create a new account at https://sportsbook.draftkings.com/sportsbook and clicking the “Sign Me Up” button. Creating an account is free.
7. How to Enter: There is only one (1) method of entry for the Sweepstakes. In order to participate, you must have a valid public Twitter account and follow @DKSportsbook on Twitter. Creating a Twitter account is free. To become a registered user of Twitter, visit www.Twitter.com and complete the onscreen instructions. To “follow” @DKSportsbook on www.Twitter.com, login to your Twitter account and select “search” from the tool bar at the top of the homepage. When the search box appears, enter “@DKSportsbook” and then click on the “Search” button. Select “Follow” when the @DKSportsbook icon appears. Next, you must go to the @DKSportsbook Twitter page and retweet the Tweet specified as the “Sweepstakes Tweet”. To retweet it, click the button with two arrows on it that says “retweet.” Any entry received outside of the Entry Period will be deemed ineligible. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. If you are entering via a mobile device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
Limit One (1) entry per person. Anyone found to be using multiple accounts to enter the Sweepstakes or submitting multiple Tweets will be deemed ineligible for the Sweepstakes and all of their entries may be deemed void. Automated and/or third-party entries are prohibited and will be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, addresses, or any other method will void all of such entrant’s entries, and such entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor shall not be liable for any problems that occur during the entry process, including without limitation, late, incomplete, delayed, undelivered, or misdirected entries, and Sponsor shall not have any obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete, invalid, or undeliverable submission. No illegible, incomplete, forged, or altered entries will be accepted. Proof of replying to the Sweepstakes Tweet does not constitute proof of receipt or entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes will be deemed to be the proper entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
8. Prizes and Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules and the General Rules, one (1) winner will receive one (1) one thousand dollar ($1,000) “free bet” via the Online DraftKings Sportsbook (each, a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”). Total Aggregate Approximate Retail Value of the Prizes: $1,000.
The Prize will be delivered to the winner via one (1) free bet “token” deposited into the winner’s Online DraftKings Sportsbook account. For clarity, the free bet is only valid for a single bet of $1,000. Each free bet is valid for seven (7) days, and such seven (7) day period is measured as one hundred sixty eight (168) hours from the time the free bet is deposited by Sponsor into the winner’s Online DraftKings Sportsbook account. Failure by a winner to use their free bet before expiration will void the award. Awarded free bets are non-cashable, not redeemable for cash, non-transferable, non-refundable, and cannot be withdrawn. Free bets may only be wagered one (1) time. The free bet amount is not included in any returns or winnings. Winnings generated from the wagering of a free bet will be transferred to the winner’s cash balance of their Online DraftKings Sportsbook account, at which time such winnings may be withdrawn. By way of example, and for illustrative purposes only, in the event a one thousand dollar ($1,000) free bet is placed on even odds and wins, only the profit of one thousand dollars ($1,000) will be credited to the winner’s Online DraftKings Sportsbook account. Free bets cannot be used with odds boosts, live bets, parlays, cash out bets, or other promotional bets at the discretion of Sponsor. The minimum odds for any free bet using the Prize are -300 (i.e., 1 to 3 odds, which, for clarity and as an example, under -300 odds, to win $10, a bettor would have to wager $30). For further clarity, -299 odds is permitted while -301 odds is not permitted. The maximum odds for any free bet using the Prize are +300 (i.e., 3 to 1 odds). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize with an equivalent prize of equal or greater value. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of the Prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the winners. Sponsor is not liable for computer, internet, or program malfunctions, nor for errors in free bet awards. Sponsor will not replace the Prize in the event it is lost or stolen. Only one (1) Prize is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event, by reason of a print or other error, more than one (1) Prize is claimed, the winners to be awarded the Prize will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described below from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the one (1) Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or cancellation of Prize delivery due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of its control. The winner may only use the free bet when physically located in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana (only parishes where a majority of the qualified electors in the parish voted for the proposition to authorize online sports betting), Maryland, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, or Wyoming. The winner should reference the Online DraftKings Sportsbook Terms and Conditions when using the free bet for information and limitations on wagering. Additional restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply.
9. Selection of Winner(s): On or about January 6, 2023, (1) potential winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Sponsor will notify the potential winner by sending a “direct message” to the potential winner’s registered Twitter account. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within one (1) hour, an alternate potential winner may be selected. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
10. Questions: If you have any questions regarding the Sweepstakes, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “1/4/23 DraftKings Sportsbook $1,000 Free Bet Sweepstakes”.
11. Applicable Rules And Winner’s List: For any legally required winners’ list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (unless otherwise prohibited by local law) to DraftKings, 222 Berkeley St, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02116, Attn: DraftKings “1/4/23 DraftKings Sportsbook $1,000 Free Bet Sweepstakes” Winners’ List. All such requests must be received within three (3) months after the end of the Sweepstakes.
DRAFTKINGS GENERAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Conflict Between Rules: These DraftKings General Rules apply to the Sweepstakes offered by Sponsor unless modified or superseded by the Official Rules. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules conflicts with any provision of the General Rules, the terms of the Official Rules shall prevail with respect to such matter. Sponsor reserves the right to interpret the rules of the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion, and such interpretation shall be binding upon all participants.
2. Entry Restrictions: Any forms of entry other than those described in the Official Rules, including, but not limited to, multiple submissions, submissions using a false identity, submissions made by/on behalf of another individual, or submissions made through the use of a device or artifice to generate multiple submissions are void. False or deceptive submissions or acts may render an entrant ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Sweepstakes who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, acts in a disruptive manner, or violates these General Rules or the Official Rules. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the online DraftKings Sportsbook account associated with the entry. Sponsor reserves the right to require entrants to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrant is responsible for all online charges incurred with any Internet service provider and/or wireless carrier.
3. Selection of Winners: The potential winner(s) for the Sweepstakes will be determined from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The potential winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be notified according to the Official Rules for the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Verification: Potential winner(s) are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these General Rules and the applicable Official Rules. Except where prohibited by law, potential prize winner(s) may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release (“Affidavit”) within the time period set forth in Sponsor’s notification. In the event a potential prize winner: (i) cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted or a winner notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable; (ii) declines or cannot accept, receive, or use a prize for any reason; (iii) does not respond within any specified or applicable time periods; (iv) is found to be ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or receive a prize; (v) cannot or does not comply with these General Rules and/or the applicable Official Rules; or (vi) fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, such potential prize winner may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and an alternate potential prize winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, even if the disqualified potential prize winner’s name has been publicly announced. If Sponsor decides to select an alternate potential prize winner, the alternate will be determined from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period and notified according to the Official Rules for the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to repeat this process until an alternate potential prize winner complies with all eligibility and verification requirements. Sponsor also reserves the right to modify the notification and Affidavit procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate prize winner, if any, in its sole discretion.
POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER(S) ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR. SPONSOR’S DECISIONS AS TO THE ADMINISTRATION AND OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY CHANGES TO THESE GENERAL RULES OR THE OFFICIAL RULES, AND THE SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF THE POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER ARE FINAL AND BINDING ON EACH ENTRANT IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES.
5. Prize Restrictions: Each prize will be awarded only if the potential prize winner fully complies with these General Rules and the applicable Official Rules. All prize details are at the sole discretion of Sponsor, and any depiction of the prizes, in Sweepstakes materials or otherwise, is for illustrative purposes only. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution, replacement, or cash equivalent for a prize will be made. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute any prize for another prize of equal or greater value for any reason.
Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a potential prize winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize their prize. In the event of non-compliance with these General Rules or the Official Rules, or if a prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeit. A forfeited prize may be awarded to an alternate potential prize winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Taxes and fees associated with a prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery and expressly disclaims responsibility for prize utility, quality, or otherwise.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED AS IS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW (OR MAY LIMIT) DISCLAIMERS OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, IN WHICH CASE THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS WILL BE ENFORCED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. Publicity Rights and Use of Personal Information: Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes offered by Sponsor or accepting a prize, you grant Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designees the right to use your name, social media ID or “handle,” photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, city and state address, and other identifying information for advertising and Promotional purposes for the Sweepstakes in which you participated as well as any other advertising and Promotional purposes, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification, or permission. By participating in the Sweepstakes offered by Sponsor or accepting a prize, you acknowledge that you will be sharing your personal information with Sponsor and you agree that Sponsor may use your personal information for marketing and other purposes. You may opt out of notices from Sponsor regarding future Promotional or marketing offerings by following the opt-out procedure prescribed by DraftKings.
YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PLACING YOUR NAME ON A WINNER’S LIST.
7. Choice of Law and Disputes: The Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with the Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Boston, Massachusetts; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney’s fees; (iii) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation, lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”); and (iv) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased.
8. Conditions of Participation and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes offered by Sponsor, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these General Rules and the applicable Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor, and warrants that he or she is eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants hereby release, hold harmless, covenant not to sue, and forever discharge Sponsor, its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, divisions, dealers, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, and each of its and their directors, employees, officers, and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, losses, liabilities, costs, expenses, injuries, or causes of action of any kind that in any way now or hereinafter may arise from or relate to the Sweepstakes, including without limitation (i) the administration of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, typographical, printing, seeding, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the selection of winners, the announcement of the prize or any related materials, inaccurate, fraudulent, incomplete, illegible, late, lost, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, incomplete, or damaged entries, any delays in delivery or lack of availability of the prize or prize materials and/or (ii) entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes offered by Sponsor, their acceptance or use of a prize, or participation in any prize related activities, including, without limitation, any travel related thereto, and death and bodily injury (including emotional distress), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of any prize, or participation in any prize-related activities.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be (i) acting in violation of these General Rules and the applicable Official Rules or (ii) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
Sponsor reserves the right to amend these General Rules or the Official Rules at any time, and it is your responsibility to review these General Rules or the Official Rules for any changes. By participating in the Sweepstakes or accepting a prize after we change these General Rules or the Official Rules, you accept all changes thereto.
Sponsor may reschedule, delay, postpone, alter, or modify the Sweepstakes, or cancel the Sweepstakes altogether, in the event Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that a Sweepstakes cannot be continued with as contemplated. Without limiting the foregoing, in the event of a Force Majeure Event (as defined below), Sponsor may reschedule, delay, postpone, alter, or modify the Sweepstakes, or may cancel the Sweepstakes altogether. As used herein, “Force Majeure Event” shall mean the interruption of or material interference with Sponsor’s ability to hold, execute, or administer the Sweepstakes and/or to grant a prize by any cause or occurrence not within Sponsor’s reasonable control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, hurricane, terrorist threat or activity, public health emergency (e.g., COVID-19), act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or order of any court. In the event that the Sweepstakes is terminated or cancelled for any reason whatsoever, the approximate retail value of the prize(s) will be awarded to the extent required by law.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OFFERED BY SPONSOR IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. OPT-OUT: If you do not wish to receive any further notices from Sponsor regarding future Promotional or marketing offerings, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.