As one of boxing’s most prevalent icons through the modern era, undisputed super middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (58-2-2, 39 KO) will strap up with challenger John “The Gorilla” Ryder (32-5, 18 KO) this Saturday night. With the fight taking place in Canelo’s hometown of Guadalajara, Mexico (Estadio Akron), Ryder will have his work cut out for him.
With fight night already here, let us have a look back on who the British southpaw has previously faced. For those keeping track, this will be Ryder’s 38th professional bout.
John Ryder fight history
- Nov. 26, 2022: W-RTD, Def. Zach Parker (round 5)
- Feb. 12, 2022: W-SD, Def. Daniel Jacobs
- Sep. 10, 2021: W-TKO, Def. Jozef Jurko (round 5)
- Dec. 18, 2020: W-UD, Def. Mike Guy
- Nov. 23, 2019: L-UD, vs. Callum Smith
- May 4, 2019: W-TKO, Def. Bilal Akkawy (round 3)
- Oct. 27, 2018: W-KO, Def. Andrey Sirotkin (round 7)
- May 5, 2018: W-KO, Def. Jamie Cox (round 2)
- Oct. 14, 2017: W-KO, Def. Patrick Nielsen (round 5)
- Apr. 22, 2017: L-SD, vs. Rocky Fielding
At DraftKings Sportsbook, Canelo Alvarez is a -1800 favorite to defeat John Ryder, who is a +900 underdog on Saturday night. The round total is set at 8.5 (-110/-120).