Key Injuries to Monitor
- Joel Embiid (knee) — OUT
- Onyeka Okongwu (shoulder) — Questionable
- Darius Garland (eye) — Available
- De’Aaron Fox (knee) — OUT
- Terry Rozier (ankle) — Doubtful
- Jalen Duren (ankle) — OUT
San Antonio Spurs
- Keldon Johnson (calf) — OUT
- Jeremy Sochan (illness) — Questionable
- Fred VanVleet (back) — Questionable
- Otto Porter Jr. (personal reasons) — Probable
- Christian Wood (illness) — Questionable
- Desmond Bane (ankle) — Questionable
- Steven Adams (jaw) — Questionable
Portland Trail Blazers
- Josh Hart (concussion) — Questionable
Los Angeles Lakers
- Anthony Davis (back) — Questionable
Second night of back-to-back
- Chicago Bulls — Zach LaVine is playing tonight.
- Miami Heat — No notable rest situations.
Favorite Pick Against the Spread
Philadelphia 76ers (-6.5) vs. Wizards
I appeared on The Sweat a few days ago to break down why Philly would cover the spread in this exact matchup.
Spoiler alert: they did.
The same logic applies to Wednesday’s contest between these two teams, feel free to watch this clip for a more in-depth breakdown.
Favorite Player Prop
Jayson Tatum Over 38.5 Points, Rebounds & Assists
Sunday was the first time Tatum didn’t clear the over on his points, rebounds and assists total, but there was good reason for it. The Celtics jumped out to an early lead against Washington and never really looked back, resulting in just 27 minutes for the young superstar.
All that means is Tatum will be well-rested entering tonight’s matchup, and the 24-year-old will be looking for revenge after the Cavs torched Boston in TD Garden on Friday. Tatum should bounce back in a big way tonight.
Favorite Value Play
Kings SF/PF Harrison Barnes ($4,900) at Heat
After a slow start to the season, Barnes has rebounded in a big way. The veteran wing has scored 24-plus fantasy points in each of his last three contests, also seeing a usage rate of 17% or higher in two of those games.
That usage might not seem like a lot, but given the ball-dominant players on Sacramento’s roster, it’s a big development for Barnes. Tonight, he draws the Heat, who rank 29th in fantasy points allowed to wings. With De’Aaron Fox still sidelined, Barnes could be due for another big performance.
Clippers SG Paul George ($9,800) at Rockets
Highlighting the most expensive player on each slate was going to backfire eventually, and that’s exactly what happened with Giannis Antetokounmpo a few days ago. For what it’s worth, I do think Giannis will bounce back tonight, but I’m looking down the board for this pick.
It’s impossible to ignore Paul George, who checks in as just the seventh most expensive player on Wednesday’s slate after a ridiculous 75.25-point performance. George will look to stay hot and maintain his large usage rate with Kawhi Leonard out, and he should have no trouble doing so against the struggling Rockets.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.