The NFL wrapped up the Week 15 weekend, and heads into Monday Night Football with an important inter-conference matchup. The 10-3 Saints host the 6-7 Colts, and plenty is on the line. The Saints need a win to maintain pace for a chance at a first round bye. The Colts can move to within a game of the second AFC wild card berth with a win.
First off, congratulations are in order for the Bills, Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, and 49ers. They all clinched playoff berths and the field is loading up. Eight of the 12 playoff spots are secure. Six teams are competing for two spots in the AFC, while four teams are competing for two spots in the NFC.
The 49ers clinched a playoff berth thanks to the Rams losing, but San Francisco is back in a tough spot. The Falcons stunned them in the closing seconds with a Julio Jones touchdown to knock them back into a tie with the Seahawks. Seattle has the head-to-head tiebreaker, so they are in first place for the time being. The 49ers and Seahawks square off in Week 17, and if both teams win next week, that final game will feature the division and a first round bye at stake
In the AFC, the Texans moved a game up on the Titans with a big road win. They face off against in Houston in Week 17, and the division could be at stake. The Titans meanwhile remain tied with the Steelers for the second wild card berth, but on the outside looking in due to tiebreakers.
Below is a full rundown of the playoff picture followed by key matchups in Week 16 for each conference.
1. Baltimore Ravens: 12-2 — Win over Jets 42-21
2. New England Patriots: 11-3 — Win over Bengals 34-13
3. Kansas City Chiefs: 10-4 — Win over Broncos 23-3
4. Houston Texans: 9-5 — Win over Titans 24-21
5. Buffalo Bills: 9-4 — Win over Steelers 17-10
6. Pittsburgh Steelers: 8-6 — Loss to Steelers 17-10
Week 16 key matchups
NFC playoff picture
1. Seattle Seahawks: 11-3 — Win over Panthers 30-24
2. Green Bay Packers: 11-3 — Win over Bears 21-13
3. New Orleans Saints: 10-3 — vs. Colts
4. Dallas Cowboys: 7-7 — Win over Rams 44-21
5. San Francisco 49ers: 11-2 — Loss to Falcons 22-17
6. Minnesota Vikings: 9-4 — Win over Chargers 39-10
Week 16 key matchups
Bills (10-4) @ Patriots (11-3)
Ravens (12-2) @ Browns (6-8)
Saints (10-3) @ Titans (8-6)