The NFL is moving through Week 16, and we’ve got a chance for one of the two remaining two playoff spots to be clinched. Additionally, already clinched teams have a chance to improve their seeding for the 2020 playoffs.
The Patriots and Texans clinched their respective divisions on Saturday. The Patriots can secure a first round bye with a Chiefs loss on Sunday. The Ravens can clinch home field advantage through the AFC playoffs with a win or Chiefs loss. The Cowboys can clinch the NFC East with a win, while the Eagles can put themselves in position to clinch the division in Week 17 with a win.
We’ll follow along today and through Monday Night Football with how each result impacts the playoff race — well, the games that can actually impact it. That’s followed by an updated look at the playoff picture in each conference.
Sunday Night Football results
Chiefs 26, Bears 3: Kansas City remains in the hunt for a first round bye. New England can claim the bye with a win over the Dolphins in Week 17 or Chiefs loss, but Kansas City could claim one with a win and Patriots loss.
4:05 p.m./4:25 p.m. results
Eagles 17, Cowboys 9: Philadelphia moves a game up on Dallas with the win. If Philly wins in Week 17 or Dallas loses, the Eagles claim the NFC East crown.
Cardinals 27, Seahawks 13: The Seahawks can still clinch the NFC West, but the loss to Arizona likely cost them a chance at the No. 1 seed if they beat the 49ers in Week 17.
1:00 p.m. results
Jets 16, Steelers 10: Pittsburgh would have clinched a playoff berth with two wins to close the season. Now, if the Titans beat the Texans next week or Pittsburgh loses to Baltimore, the Titans get the wild card berth.
Ravens 31, Browns 15: Baltimore has clinched home field throughout the playoffs with the win. Lamar Jackson and other starters are expected to rest in Week 17.
Saints 38, Titans 28: The Saints remain in the race for a first round bye with the win. The Titans can clinch the second AFC wild card berth with a win over Houston or a Steelers loss to the Ravens.
1. Baltimore Ravens: 13-2 — Win over Browns 31-15
2. New England Patriots: 12-3 — Win over Bills 24-17
3. Kansas City Chiefs: 11-4 — Win over Bears 26-3
4. Houston Texans: 10-5 — Win over Bucs 23-20
5. Buffalo Bills: 10-5 — Loss to Patriots 24-17
6. Tennessee Titans: 8-7 — Loss to Saints 38-28
NFC playoff picture
1. San Francisco 49ers: 12-3 — Win over Rams 34-31
2. New Orleans Saints: 12-3 — Win over Titans 38-28
3. Green Bay Packers: 11-3 — @ Vikings
4. Philadelphia Eagles: 8-7 — Win over Cowboys 17-9
5. Seattle Seahawks: 11-4 — Loss to Cardinals 27-13
6. Minnesota Vikings: 10-4 — vs. Packers
In the hunt: Dallas Cowboys (7-8)