The NFL wrapped up the Week 16 weekend, and heads into Monday Night Football with a pivotal NFC North matchup. The 10-4 Vikings host the 11-3 Packers, with plenty on the line. The Packers can clinch the NFC North with a win. The Vikings already have a playoff berth, but a win gives them a moderate chance at the division title.
Once MNF is a wrap, we head into the final week of the 2019 regular season. We know all but two of the playoff teams, but we only know the final seeding for one team — the Ravens secured home field advantage through the AFC playoffs with their win over the Browns. The Patriots can secure the other bye with a win over the Dolphins in Week 17.
The AFC’s wildest scenario features the Titans, Steelers, and Raiders all competing for the final wild card berth. If the Titans win or Steelers lose, the Titans win the wild card. If the Steelers win and the Titans lose, the Steelers get the wild. If the Raiders win and the Ravens, Texans, and Colts all win, Oakland is going to the playoffs.
On the NFC side, the NFC East is the only playoff spot still to be determined. If the Eagles beat the Giants or the Cowboys lose to Washington, Philly gets the division title. After that, all of the seeding is still to be determined. If the 49ers beat the Seahawks, they claim the No. 1 seed. If the Seahawks win, one of them, New Orleans, or Green Bay will claim the top seed and the 49ers will drop to fifth or sixth pending other outcomes.
Below is a full rundown of the playoff picture followed by key matchups in Week 17 for each conference.
1. Baltimore Ravens: 13-2 — Win over Browns 31-15
2. New England Patriots: 12-3 — Win over Bills 24-17
3. Kansas City Chiefs: 11-4 — Win over Bears 26-3
4. Houston Texans: 10-5 — Win over Bucs 23-20
5. Buffalo Bills: 10-5 — Loss to Patriots 24-17
6. Tennessee Titans: 8-7 — Loss to Saints 38-28
Key Week 17 matchups
Los Angeles Chargers @ Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots
Oakland Raiders @ Denver Broncos
Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans
NFC playoff picture
1. San Francisco 49ers: 12-3 — Win over Rams 34-31
2. New Orleans Saints: 12-3 — Win over Titans 38-28
3. Green Bay Packers: 11-3 — @ Vikings
4. Philadelphia Eagles: 8-7 — Win over Cowboys 17-9
5. Seattle Seahawks: 11-4 — Loss to Cardinals 27-13
6. Minnesota Vikings: 10-4 — vs. Packers
In the hunt: Dallas Cowboys (7-8)
Key Week 17 matchups
Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions
Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers
Washington @ Dallas Cowboys
Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants
San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks