The rollercoaster that is Antonio Brown’s relationship with football continues to rise and fall and twist and turn. Fortunately for bettors, there’s no longer any question of his presence on Monday night, after the Raiders released the wide receiver on Saturday. There’s no doubt that AB would’ve made a huge impact on the Raiders’ offense, but even when he was expected to play, this game was almost a push. It’s the final matchup of the week, so let’s make it count.
In the past three seasons when these division rivals have met, the home team has won all six games. Point, Raiders. After eleven seasons with the Ravens, Joe Flacco (DFS salary $5,100) will have a new challenge as the Broncos’ quarterback in one of the tougher divisions in the league. Fortunately, he’s starting off his campaign against the worst of Denver’s divisional opponents. Furthermore, in games against the Raiders, Flacco has performed better in almost every stat category compared to his career numbers. Point, Broncos. To contradict myself, Flacco is 2-4 against Oakland in his career. He’s obviously not the only
Flacctor factor here, but I think he’s a big one. If Flacco can utilize Emmanuel Sanders ($5,500,) Courtland Sutton ($4,500,) DaeSean Hamilton ($4,200) and Phillip Lindsay ($5,200) in a game against a defense that allowed the most points of any team last season, the Broncos should be in good shape. My prediction: Denver will cover the spread and the game will stay under 43 points, even with Flacco tossing two touchdowns.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Broncos at Raiders
Point Spread: Raiders +2.5
Total Points: 42.5
Money Line: Broncos -139; Raiders +118
Overall 2018: Broncos 6-10; Raiders 4-12
ATS 2018: Broncos 6-10; Raiders 6-10
O/U 2018: Broncos 3-13; Raiders 7-9
Notable Prop Bets
- Joe Flacco to go over 1.5 TD passes: +100
- DaeSean Hamilton to score a TD and team to win: +475
- Josh Jacobs to score the 1st TD: +600
- Tyrell Williams to score a TD: +200
- The Broncos have won each of their last seven season openers.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of the Raiders’ last eight Week 1 games.
- Each of the Broncos’ last nine games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Phillip Lindsay has scored the first touchdown in three of the Broncos’ last five road games.
- Jalen Richard has scored a touchdown in each of the Raiders’ last two home games against the Broncos.
- DaeSean Hamilton has scored a touchdown in each of the Broncos’ last two road games.
- Antonio Brown has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last six appearances in home games.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.