NFL training camp is under way and that means news will start flowing from each team. How that news will be distributed in the time of Covid-19 restrictions is still to be seen, but news will get out one way or the other. We’ll take that news and give you our fantasy and betting analysis. And that news and analysis, including roster moves, injuries, all the way to hype videos, will be disseminated right here, on this very page for the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Eagles added some much needed deep speed at wide receiver with the selection of Jalen Reagor in the first round and with the return of Desean Jackson. The passing offense under Carson Wentz sputtered at times due to the lack of that deep threat.
The team also added help in the secondary, which was a huge need. Overall, they have the talent to make a run this year.
High fantasy/betting impact
* Eagles WR Jalen Reagor (shoulder) is expected to be out four weeks. — August 30th
His absence will boost DeSean Jackson and JJ Arcega-Whiteside to start the season.
* LT Andre Dillard placed on injured reserve with a torn biceps, ending his season.— August 27
The Eagles already lost Brandon Brooks this offseason. The o-line won’t be as strong as it has been in recent years.
* Wide receiver Alshon Jeffery will start training camp on the PUP list. — Source — July 28
Jeffery continues to rehab his Lisfranc foot injury. He could miss time to start the season, which would be a boon for rookie Jalen Reagor and veteran DeSean Jackson
* RG Brandon Brooks has suffered a torn left Achilles’ tendon and will miss the entire 2020 season. — June 15
Low fantasy/betting impact
* Signed CB Trevor Williams and DT T.Y. McGill. Placed TE Josh Perkins on IR. — August 26
* Signed TE Tyrone Swoopes — August 25
* Signed DE Vinny Curry — August 10
* Wide receiver Marquise Goodwin opted out for the season. — July 28
Goodwin has dealt with injuries lately, but was added to the Eagles roster to help infuse the group with more speed. The team did such a good job adding speed that they should still be good sans Goodwin.
Nathan Gerry, LB — July 29 — Activated August 9
Lane Johnson, OL — July 29
Jordan Mailata, OT — July 29
G Brandon Brooks — August 4
WR Alshon Jeffery — July 28
Players who have opted out
Marquise Goodwin, WR — Source
Full list of roster cuts
LB Dante Olson
WR Rob Davis
OT Casey Tucker
QB Kyle Lauletta
LB Jatavis Brown — Reserve/Retired
DT Bruce Hector
DB Prince Smith
WR Marcus Green —re-signed August 17
WR Shelton Gibson
DT Albert Huggins
CB Tremon Smith
CB Trevor Williams
C Keegan Render