clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Fantasy Baseball Stacks: Top DraftKings MLB Offenses to Target for September 14

Steve Buchanan gives his top offenses to target for Monday’s seven-game DraftKings MLB slate, which locks at 4:10 p.m. ET.

Atlanta Braves v Washington Nationals Photo by Mitchell Layton/Getty Images

THIS SLATE STARTS AT 4:10 P.M. ET! WE DON’T HAVE TIME FOR CHIT CHAT!!!!!

But you always have time to follow me on Twitter @SBuchanan24.

Set your DraftKings lineups here: MLB $100K Relay Throw [$25K to 1st]


1. Atlanta Braves

The Braves have one of the highest team totals on this slate with a 5.5-run projection, according to the DraftKings Sportsbook. It’s a very understandable projection when you consider the fact that they’ll be facing Jorge Lopez ($5,900) and a seemingly struggling Orioles bullpen. Lopez has a 4.50 FIP and doesn’t strike many batters out, leading to him relying on contact to get them out. That’s not exactly a great idea against a Braves team that handles right-handed pitching extremely well. They enter this game with a .372 wOBA, a.236 ISO and a 131 wRC+ against righties on the year. Hard to ignore when you have a subpar pitcher taking the mound.

Players to Consider

Ronald Acuna Jr. ($6,000)
Freddie Freeman ($5,500)
Adam Duvall ($4,500)
Marcell Ozuna ($5,400)
Ozzie Albies ($4,400)


2. Minnesota Twins

I think it’s fair to say the Twins’ offense has been a fairly big disappointment when compared to what they did last year. Sure, we can’t expect that level of production again but it’s been a lot worse than I expected. However, they still are a very viable team to target and that’s what I’ll be doing tonight with Dylan Cease ($8,400) taking the hill. Cease has seen a dramatic drop in his strikeouts, going from 25% last season to a current total of 15.4%. He’s allowing a 40.4% fly-ball rate and a 5.95 FIP, which is quite the jump from his current 3.33 ERA. With that in mind, the Twins are a great team to target against him, especially with this team getting healthier and some of their power bats back in the fold.

Players to Consider

Miguel Sano ($4,900)
Nelson Cruz ($5,300)
Eddie Rosario ($4,400)
Max Kepler ($4,600)
Byron Buxton ($3,100)


3. Miami Marlins

I would never trust Vincent Velasquez ($6,300) to go out and throw a quality start, so I’d side with stacking against him. He’s faced the Marlins once already and allowed four runs on three hits through just three innings, which doesn’t exactly give you much confidence. Overall, Velasquez has a .364 wOBA, a 4.86 FIP and a 1.8 HR/9 through 20 innings pitched. The Marlins aren’t the flashiest team to stack but they do have some decent power to target. I can’t imagine this is going to be a popular stack by any means, so you’ll also have ownership on your side as well.

Players to Consider

Jesus Aguilar ($3,800)
Brian Anderson ($4,200)
Starling Marte ($5,200)
Garrett Cooper ($3,500)
Corey Dickerson ($3,800)


Curious about when major leagues and events will return? Check out our DraftKings Sports Calendar for the latest updates.


4. St. Louis Cardinals

This is more of a tournament stack to consider but the Cardinals could be a low-owned stack as well. Josh Lindblom ($7,400) has been atrocious as a starter this season, posting an overall .362 wOBA, a 4.90 FIP and a 1.8 HR/9. The issue with the stack, however, is that lefties have been much more of an issue for Lindblom than righties. The Cardinals don’t have a ton of lefties in their lineup but I still think it’s a worthy consideration. Once viewed as a strength, the Brewers’ bullpen has been a major issue and over the past week has a 5.44 FIP, a 1.9 HR/9 and a 45.6% fly-ball rate. I won’t have a ton of exposure to this stack but I think it’s well worth at least a couple of lineups.

Players to Consider

Tommy Edman ($4,700)
Matt Carpenter ($4,300)
Brad Miller ($4,900)
Paul Goldschmidt ($5,100)
Yadier Molina ($4,100)

Set your DraftKings lineups here: MLB $100K Relay Throw [$25K to 1st]


Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.


I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is Steveazors) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above. I am not an employee of DraftKings and do not have access to any non-public information.


If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (NH/CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+ (18+ NH). NJ/PA/WV/IN/NH/IA/CO/IL only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for full terms and conditions.