The NBA is the Wild West right now given COVID-19 and the league’s health protocols, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t edges to be had. Generally, I’m giving out plays in a best bets article, and while I’ll still be doing so, I think it’s also helpful to share some numbers that help you conduct your own research and make your own plays. Here are some trends and information that you should find helpful on Monday’s NBA betting card.
Clutch buckets mean free paydays this hoops season! Check out the DraftKings Big Trey Payday page for more details on upcoming free paydays!
Chicago Bulls (13-16, 16-12-1 ATS) at Houston Rockets (11-17, 11-17 ATS)
- The Bulls are 7-7 straight up and 10-4 ATS on the road.
- The Rockets are 5-6 straight up and 3-8 ATS at home.
- The Bulls are 8-6 to the over on the road.
- The Rockets are 1-9-1 to the over at home.
- Houston is on a seven-game losing streak, going 1-6 ATS during that span.
- The Rockets are 9-19 ATS in the first quarter, going 2-9 1Q ATS at home, and 3-7 1Q ATS in their last 10 games overall.
- The Bulls are 17-12 1Q ATS this season.
- These teams met in Chicago on Jan. 18 — the Bulls won 125-120, covering as two-point favorites. The game went over the 225-point total.
Memphis Grizzlies (13-13, 13-12-1 ATS) at Dallas Mavericks (13-15, 11-17 ATS)
- The Grizzlies are 7-4 straight up and ATS on the road.
- The Mavericks are 6-8 straight up and 3-11 ATS at home.
- The Grizzlies are 7-3-1 to the over on the road.
- The Mavericks are 9-5 to the over at home.
- Memphis has gone over in seven of its past eight games.
- Dallas has gone over in seven straight games.
- The Mavericks are 2-11 ATS in their past 13 games.
- The Grizzlies are 14-12 1Q ATS and 7-4 1Q ATS on the road.
- The Mavericks are 10-18 1Q ATS and 4-10 1Q ATS at home.
Miami Heat (13-17, 11-18-1 ATS) at Oklahoma City Thunder (12-18, 16-13-1 ATS)
- The Heat are 6-10 straight up and 7-9 ATS on the road.
- The Thunder are 4-9 straight up and 4-8-1 ATS at home.
- The Heat are 9-7 to the over on the road.
- The Thunder are 7-6 to the over at home.
- Miami is 6-3 straight up over its past nine, going 5-4 ATS.
- OKC is 2-6 straight up over its past eight, but 5-3 ATS.
- The Heat are 9-6-1 1Q ATS on the road and 7-2-1 1Q ATS over the past 10 overall.
- The Thunder are 5-8 1Q ATS at home, but 8-2 1Q ATS over the past 10 overall.
- The Heat are 5-10-1 1H ATS on the road.
- The Thunder are 5-8 1H ATS at home, but on a 9-1 1H ATS run overall.
- These teams met on Jan. 4 in Miami — the Heat won 118-90, covering the nine-point spread. The game stayed under the 214.5 total.
Portland Trail Blazers (18-11, 16-13 ATS) at Phoenix Suns (19-10, 19-10 ATS)
- The Blazers are 10-5 straight up and 11-4 ATS on the road.
- The Suns are 10-5 straight up and ATS at home.
- The Blazers are 9-6 to the over on the road.
- The Suns are 8-7 to the over at home.
- Portland is 6-1 straight up and ATS in its last seven.
- Phoenix is on an 8-1 straight up and ATS run in its past nine.
- The Blazers are 15-14 1Q ATS, but on a perfect 10-0 1Q ATS run.
- The Suns are the second-best 1Q ATS team in the NBA at 20-9. Phoenix is 12-3 1Q ATS at home.
Charlotte Hornets (14-15, 16-12-1 ATS) at Utah Jazz (24-6, 22-7-1 ATS)
- The Hornets are 5-7 straight up and 7-5 ATS on the road.
- The Jazz are 13-2 straight up and 12-2-1 ATS at home.
- The Hornets are 8-4 to the over on the road.
- The Jazz are 7-8 to the over at home.
- The Hornets are 11-11 straight up as an underdog.
- Charlotte is 4-2 straight up and ATS in its last six.
- Utah has won 13 in a row at home and is on a 17-2-1 ATS run.
- The Hornets are 17-11-1 1Q ATS and 8-2 1Q ATS over the past 10.
- The Jazz are 16-14 1Q ATS, and 4-6 1Q ATS over the past 10.
- These teams met on Feb. 5 in Charlotte — the Jazz won 138-121, covering the 8.5-point spread. The total went over 224.5.
Washington Wizards (10-17, 13-14 ATS) at Los Angeles Lakers (22-9, 14-17 ATS)
- The Wizards are 5-8 straight up and 7-6 ATS on the road.
- The Lakers are 9-6 straight up and 5-10 ATS at home.
- The Wizards are 4-9 to the over on the road.
- The Lakers are 9-6 to the over at home.
- Washington has won and covered four games in a row.
- Los Angeles has lost three of its past four and is on a 2-6 ATS skid.
- The Wizards are 6-7 1H ATS on the road and 5-5 1H ATS over the past 10.
- The Lakers are 4-11 1H ATS at home and 1-8-1 1H ATS over the past 10.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
All views expressed are my own. I am an employee of DraftKings and am ineligible to play in public DFS or DKSB contests.
21+ (18+ NH). CO/IL/IN/IA/NH/NJ/PA/TN/VA/WV/MI only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for full terms and conditions.