F1 returns to Europe for Round 6 of the 2022 season. The Spanish Grand Prix is 66 laps in length and will be held at a traditional Formula 1 race track, the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.
The DraftKings Formula 1 Pirelli Spanish Grand Prix slate locks at 9:00 a.m. ET on Sunday.
1. Max Verstappen ($11,600) — The 2022 street king will attempt to win his fourth race of the season in the Spanish GP. This time he’ll have to do it at a traditional circuit.
2. Charles Leclerc ($11,200) — Red Bull has dominated in the streets and on the straight stretches. Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya has two long top-speed straights but only two. This track is highlighted by its corners and Ferrari has the corner speed.
3. Carlos Sainz ($10,000) — Other than signing a brand new contract, this season has been disappointing for Sainz. He did bounce back with a podium at Miami in Round 5. Ferrari is expected to unveil their much anticipated upgrades in Barcelona.
4. Sergio Perez ($9,600) — When Sainz does not make a terminal mistake, Checo is relegated to a fourth place finish. With this being a home race for Sainz in Spain, it’s likely that Checo is locked out of the podium again.
5. Esteban Ocon ($6,600) — One does not simply drive from last to eighth in F1, but that’s what Ocon did in Miami. It appears that Alpine’s floor upgrade worked.
Refer a friend and get $20 DK Dollars! Head to the DraftKings Playbook Promo page for more details!
6. Valtteri Bottas ($7,600) — All season, Bottas has been a driver on the edge of the top 5. Last season with Mercedes, Bottas easily finished third at Spain.
7. Lewis Hamilton ($9,200) — Mercedes’ upgrades at Miami didn’t seem to help much. They’re still light years behind Red Bull and Ferrari. Between McLaren and Mercedes, it will come down to who has a better handle on their porpoising in Spain.
8. George Russell ($8,800) — At Miami, Russell had a good car through practice but his qualifying setup was off. Through strategy and luck — a well timed safety car — Russell was able to drive from 12th to fifth.
9. Lance Stroll ($3,600) — Alex Albon has to sit out FP1, but he’ll likely still out race Nicolas Latifi. Stroll is cheaper, and he will be driving the only upgraded Aston Martin. That is a huge advantage over his teammate Sebastian Vettel.
10. Lando Norris ($8,200) — Miami wasn’t going to be his best race, but a careless wreck made it his worst of the season. McLaren’s success has been track specific, and Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya doesn’t seem to be a preferred track.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is greenflagradio2) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and do not constitute a representation that any particular strategy will guarantee success. All customers should use their own skill and judgment in building lineups. I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above. I am not an employee of DraftKings and do not have access to any non-public information.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL/IN/MI/NJ/PA/WV/WY), 1-800-NEXT STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO/NH), 888-789-7777/visit ccpg.org/chat (CT), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-877-770-STOP (7867) (LA), 877-8-HOPENY/text HOPENY (467369) (NY), visit OPGR.org (OR), call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN), or 1-888-532-3500 (VA).
21+ (18+ NH/WY). Physically present in AZ/CO/CT/IL/IN/IA/LA/MI/NH/NJ/NY/OR/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for full terms and conditions.