A secondary version of the heavyweight championship will be on the line this weekend at UFC 265. The PPV is scheduled for Saturday, August 7 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. The early preliminary card gets the event started at 6 p.m. on UFC Fight Pass. The preliminary card gets going at 8 p.m. on ESPN and ESPN+. The main card gets started at 10 p.m. on ESPN+ PPV.
The card is highlighted by a heavyweight championship bout. Derrick Lewis and Ciryl Gane are facing off for the interim title, with the winner expected to face Francis Ngannou at some point. Lewis is 25-7 in his pro career with 20 knockouts. He has won four straight bouts and is coming off a second-round KO of Curtis Blaydes at UFC Fight Night 185 in February. Gane is 9-0 with three knockouts. He is coming off a unanimous decision win over Alexander Volkov at UFC Fight Night 190 this past June.
This is a rather light card compared to some recent PPVs, but we still get some contender action. Bantamweight contenders Jose Aldo and Pedro Munhoz face off in the penultimate fight of the card. Michale Chiesa and Vicente Luque will look to build momentum in the welterweight division. Finally, Tecia Torres and Angela Hill are looking to climb into the single digits of the women’s strawweight rankings.
UFC 265: Lewis vs. Gane main card
- Main event: #2 Derrick Lewis vs. #3 Ciryl Gane, heavyweight interim title
- #5 Jose Aldo vs. #9 Pedro Munhoz, bantamweight
- #5 Michael Chiesa vs. #6 Vicente Luque, welterweight
- #10 Tecia Torres vs. #12 Angela Hill, women’s strawweight
- Song Yadong vs. Casey Kenney, bantamweight
UFC 265: Lewis vs. Gane preliminary card
- Bobby Green vs. Rafael Fiziev, lightweight
- Vince Morales vs. Drako Rodriguez, bantamweight
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Ed Herman, light heavyweight
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Jessica Penne, women’s strawweight
UFC 265: Lewis vs. Gane early preliminary card
- Manel Kape vs. Ode’ Osbourne, flyweight
- Miles Johns vs. Anderson dos Santos, bantamweight
- Victoria Leonardo vs. Melissa Gatto, women’s flyweight
- Johnny Munoz vs. Jamey Simmons, bantamweight